Welcome to Oak
Hello, my name is Mrs Fiddimore. I teach in Oak Class with Mr Carter and Mr Clayton; I am also the deputy head teacher.
All my children are grown up now - I have 4 children (one girl and 3 boys) and 2 granddaughters. I lived in Germany for 11 years and taught at a school there - my eldest son still lives in Germany. I also have a dog called Flo.
The thing I like most about teaching at Woodland View is working with our lovely children and all the great people who also work at Woodland View. I love talking with you, watching you discover new things and helping you to build who you are as a learner and as a person.
My favourite things...
- I love to read. My favourite children’s books are When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr and the Harry Potter books.
- I have recently started running and can now run 5 kilometres! I like to get up early before school and run with my husband before I come in.
- I enjoy travelling and exploring new places. My favourite place tends to be somewhere where I can spend time with my family and friends.
- I love spending time with my friends and family.
Being at school…
I try my very best always to plan and teach lessons that will help children to enjoy their learning which will then help them to learn well.
I try to be kind and I work hard to ensure that people in my class also work hard.
I have high expectations of the children in my class. I firmly believe that with hard work the children in our school can aspire to great things.
Hello, my name is Mr Carter.
I teach in Oak class and provide additional support in both Oak and Maple class.
I love working at Woodland View because the people who work here are brilliant and so friendly: salt of the earth people!
I am married with two children, one aged 7 and one aged 3. I love them very much but they keep me very busy! We also have a pet rabbit called Buddy, he is 12 years old, which is a very good age for a rabbit!
Have a guess...
I have two truths for you and a lie. Can you guess which of the following is true and which is a lie?
- I have sat on a crocodile
- I have jumped out of an aircraft (with a parachute of course)
- I played football for Sheffield Wednesday’s School of Excellence
My favourite things...
- I love spending good quality time with my little tribe (family)
- I am rather partial to a cream tea
- I enjoy travelling and experiencing new things
- I love music especially watching live music and going to festivals
- My favourite books are any books written and illustrated by Anthony Browne. He is an amazing artist! His books include Willy the Wimp, Zoo and Piggybook. Visit http://www.anthonybrowne.com/ to explore his work.
A tour of our classroom