Free School Meal Entitlement
It is important that all parents who receive one of the qualifying benefits listed below register for free school meals as this will enable your child’s school to claim pupil premium allocation.
Free school meals eligibility criteria
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400,
as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for
Working Tax Credit)
Children who receive income support or income related employment support allowance in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals (this situation often applies to post-16 pupils in special schools).
Children moving to/from Nottinghamshire schools
Children moving to a Nottinghamshire school who are covered by transitional protection will still need to apply to ensure that their free school meal eligibility is continued.
Parents may be required to provide evidence of their transitional protection.
For children leaving Nottinghamshire schools who are eligible, we will indicate in the stop letter to parents that their entitlement is covered by
Other ways to apply
- Apply online at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk
- Apply by telephone 0300 500 80 80
If you think you may be eligible please apply NOW using the details above or complete
the form below and post to the following address
Admissions and free school meals team, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2TA
or alternatively you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org