Required as soon as possible
Part time 18.5 hours per week
All year round Permanent
Salary Grade E point 13-19 (£26,843-£29,777 FTE per annum) Actual salary £13,421-14,888 per annum
Woodland View Primary School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to work on a job share basis with the current site manager
Main Responsibilities are:
• To be responsible for ongoing maintenance and operation of heating, lighting and boiler plant/equipment, ensuring all faults are reported and dealt with in a timely fashion.
• To assist with planning/overseeing all minor building works and repairs including obtaining quotes, liaising with suppliers, overseeing contractors and monitoring service level agreements.
• To report on progress and provide advice to the head teacher/facilities manager on all minor building works and repairs.
• To assume delegated responsibility for ensuring compliance to statutory regulations relating to, for example asbestos, PAT and legionella testing and to undertake risk assessments
• To be responsible for the security of the school premises and its contents.
• To be responsible for the day to day supervision of cleaning staff, ensuring standards of cleanliness are maintained. To undertake cleaning duties (interior and exterior) as and when required.
• To attend school premises in cases of emergency e.g. intruders, fire, floods etc.
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
• has high standards and will take pride in making our school an exceptional learning environment
• can maintain and improve the appearance of the school, including repairs and maintenance
• is enthusiastic, self-motivated and has the ability to use their own initiative
• can manage health and safety and premises issues, including logs and risk assessments
• can organise their time effectively and communicate well with contractors and stakeholders
• will work in partnership with the cleaning team
• understands the benefit of enrichment or after school activities
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful MAT
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies. Please ensure that you follow the instructions within the application form and ensure that there are no gaps in your education or employment history that are not accounted for.
Any questions or queries should be directed to Suzanne Bye at Woodland View Primary School, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01623 487087. Closing date for applications: 20th Oct 2023 Interviews will be held on: TBC.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 7000 children in 20 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We have a strong focus on empowering our member schools to drive their improvement journey whilst maintaining their own individual identity and community focus. We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities.
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment procedures and pre-employment background checks, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance, online and social media checks and completion of relevant safeguarding training including Safeguarding Children in Education
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.