Our Vision and Ethos
At Woodland View Primary School, our first priority is to nurture our children to become successful, happy and respectful individuals who leave us with a love of learning and the tools they need to thrive in modern Britain or anywhere else in the world that they choose to live!
As a staff and Governors, we are going to take risks, make mistakes to learn from and take pride in our school as that is exactly the behaviour we want to model for our children.
Our other priority is to build a school that is the hub of the community, that uses trust, support and consistency to forge strong links with our parents and that has high expectations and delivers on our promises to the families of Huthwaite.
Our pupils want a place for learning, a place for friendship and a place to be happy which is something that we will strive to provide. Woodland View will be the place that they grow into independent, young people with positive attitudes.
How will we do this in reality?
Through our five promises. We will….
- Instil our three rules within all of our children's lives. Be safe, be respectful and be aspirational.
- Inspire all to broaden their horizons and raise their aspirations through high quality teaching, a creative, opportunity filled curriculum and exceptional shared experiences in order to ensure each child’s highest achievement both academically and socially so that they are ready for the next stage in their lives.
- Create a safe environment, including first class safeguarding procedures, within which children can develop a curiosity for the world and exceed their potential.
- Apply policies with high expectations consistently to all while still tending to children’s individual needs whether they be academic, social or personal.
- Build a community based around consistency, trust and family by sharing learning, celebrating successes and using honesty to solve problems.
Outcomes for Children
Every child is a star in our school and we truly believe that every child should be successful. Through consistently excellent teaching, children in our school will exceed their potential. Our overall aim is for all children to shine and be resilient enough to cope with any challenge that may come in the next stage of their life. We have a relentless drive to improve standards through the high expectations we have of each other. To do this, our children will feel safe, be happy, feel respected and know they will be listened to and valued. This will be within a positive, caring and inclusive learning environment, where every individual is nurtured, challenged and supported.
EXCEEDING OUR POTENTIAL, TOGETHER AS A FAMILY