Welcome to Flamingos
My name is Ms Elver and I’m the teacher in Flamingos!
I love being part of the Woodland View family - and I’m very much part of the family, as my two daughters come to this school too.
My favourite things to do...
- You might have spotted me running around Brierley Park!
- I grew up in London, and have also lived in Germany, Hawai’i and South Korea.
- Two cats live with me – Celia has long black fur and loves everyone, Peggy has short brown fur and is a big grump.
- I like to knit, cross stitch, and dye my hair lots of colours!
- My favourite books are the Animorphs series, by KA Applegate, and There’s a Shark in the Bath, by Sarah Macintyre.
In my classroom we work hard and have a lot of fun.
My expectations are high, and I know that in a safe, comfortable learning environment, all the children can aspire to do great things.
I like teaching best when we have a well-planned lesson, lots of on-topic chatter, and great ideas shared all round.