At Woodland View our Science aims are to:
- Stimulate the children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder about the world in which they live.
- Engage pupils as learners at many levels through linking ideas with practical experience
- Help children develop an understanding of the world around them and to begin to appreciate how the growth of scientific knowledge has affected their everyday lives.
- Encourage the development of scientific methods of investigation: observing, measuring, classifying, hypothesizing, fair testing and interpreting results.
- Show pupils how major scientific ideas contribute to technological change and how this impacts on improving the quality of our everyday lives.
- Provide opportunities for children to communicate their ideas to others using the evidence they have acquired
- Recognise hazards and risks when working in science topics
- Promote key-figures in science, from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds as role models
- Make strong links between ICT, Maths and Literacy as appropriate