The government is currently providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving the provision of PE and Sport, but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and Sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and Sport
- running sport competitions to increase pupils' participation
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and Sport
At Woodland View Primary School we already have a range of sports opportunities for children:
Dodgeball, Football, Rugby, Cross Country, Dance, Gymnastics, Zumba/Aerobics
We regularly compete with local schools for many sports.
Sports Premium 2016